A Pretty Face

Waiting at the station,
She came 
and sat beside me
Big travel bag packed
Skis in her hand
Going for a trip? Maybe
I looked at her
And smiled, 
Thinking, she must be excited
But she didn't...
She just looked
And turned her head down
Lost in something...
She wasn't happy
Wanted to, but couldn't ask
Wandering about it,
The train came
We boarded a different coach
But I could see her
From here...
Her friend was waiting inside
The moment she hugged her
She cried
Yes, she cried!
Knew something was not right,
Glad that she had someone 
To express herself...
And now as I'm writing this
Her friend's trying to make her smile
By cracking some jokes
By telling some stories
From here, now
I can see
A mix of smile and tears
On that pretty face...

- Rahul

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tera gum

समन्दर